Health and Safety Committee
Mrs S. McCarthy (Chair)
Mrs H. Gosney (Head Teacher)
Ms K. Clayton
Mr M. Leslie
Mrs J. Hewgill
Terms of reference:
- To advise the Governing Body on priorities, including Health and Safety, for the maintenance and development of the school’s premises
- To oversee arrangements for repairs and maintenance
- To make recommendations to the Finance Committee on premises-related expenditure
- In consultation with the Headteacher and the Finance Committee, to oversee premises-related funding bids
- To oversee arrangements, including Health and Safety, for the use of school premises by outside users, subject to governing body policy
- To establish and keep under review a Building Development Plan
- To establish and keep under review an Accessibility plan
- To monitor procedures for Health and Safety and the implementation of the Health and Safety policy
- To monitor provision for teaching road safety and reviewing the School Travel Plan
- To monitor the effectiveness of the grounds maintenance, cleaning and catering contracts.
- To monitor the effectiveness of school security
- To oversee the provision of adequate and suitable school furnishings.
- Additional items which individual Governing Bodies may wish to include
WORK OF THE COMMITTEE 2016 - 17
The committee met in the autumn, Spring and Summer Terms.
The committee looked at the Fire Risk Assessment and discussed changes made to include a personal egress plan and notification to the Fire Brigade of the presence of oxygen cylinders. They discussed the use of the Community Room and accommodating a much larger KS2 class in 2018.This included proposals to further develop the exterior of the premises. They discussed expenditure so far that year and work ordered. They proposed work needed to change the use of the classrooms including plans for a ramp and canopy for the old building.
The committee recommended that the Governing Body adopt the updated Offsite Visits Policy.
The committee members looked at the overall condition of the buildings.