Health and Safety Committee
Mrs J. Hewgill (Chair)
Miss T Nicholls (Head Teacher)
Ms K. Clayton
Mr M. Leslie
Mrs A Bunting
Terms of reference:
- To advise the Governing Body on priorities, including Health and Safety, for the maintenance and development of the school’s premises
- To oversee arrangements for repairs and maintenance
- To make recommendations to the Finance Committee on premises-related expenditure
- In consultation with the Headteacher and the Finance Committee, to oversee premises-related funding bids
- To oversee arrangements, including Health and Safety, for the use of school premises by outside users, subject to governing body policy
- To establish and keep under review a Building Development Plan
- To establish and keep under review an Accessibility plan
- To monitor procedures for Health and Safety and the implementation of the Health and Safety policy
- To monitor provision for teaching road safety and reviewing the School Travel Plan
- To monitor the effectiveness of the grounds maintenance, cleaning and catering contracts.
- To monitor the effectiveness of school security
- To oversee the provision of adequate and suitable school furnishings.
- Additional items which individual Governing Bodies may wish to include
WORK OF THE COMMITTEE 2017 - 18
The committee met in the Spring and Summer Terms.
The committee looked at the Fire Risk Assessment and discussed changes made to include a personal egress plan and notification to the Fire Brigade of the presence of oxygen cylinders. They discussed the implications of the questionnaire used to update the Accessibility/Disability Equality Scheme.
The committee recommended that the Governing Body adopt the revised Critical Incident Plan.
The committee members looked at the overall condition of the buildings.